Today I'm back for an article about Android. My Nexus S is certainly old, but not dead !
This is the step to install the new CyanogenMod 10.1 (Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on your device.
1) Android-sdkyou need adb, and fastboot to unlock your device and push the CyanogenMod package. you can download it here. You may need to start eclispe and install plateform-tools to get adb and fastboot.
2) downloadyour the update packages from CyanogenMod. you will need three packages.
the first is recovery menu ClockworkMod (direct), the second Android Cyanogen, the third is the Google Apps (Play, Maps, Agenda...)
InstallOnce you got everything, start a shell or powershell and go to the platform-tools in android-sdk
1) rebooting the device in bootload mode
adb reboot bootloader
2) We will unlock the device :fastboot oem unlock
3) flashing the new bootloader ClockworkModfastboot flash recovery your_recovery_image.img
4) installing the new ROM CyanogenMod
In the menu select install zip from sideloadadb sideload /path/to/cm-X.y.z-crespo.zip
5) installing the Gapps (Maps, Play, Agenda...)
In the menu select install zip from sideloadadb sideload /path/to/gapps-jb-YYYYMMDD-signed.zip
Go back and select reboot system now
7) Enjoy your new device
Tips & Tricks :
Enable developper mode :
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Find the entry "Build number" (on the bottom of the list)
- Tap 7 time on it